Link to article
USA Badminton was deeply saddened by the passing of life-long competitor and supporter 83-year-old Jim Bosco (Santa Cruz, Calif.) who succumbed to a massive heart attack while finishing his singles match in the 80+ division at the 2011 USA Badminton Senior National Championships in Raleigh/Durham, NC on March 24th, 2011.
Born on October 5, 1927, James S. Bosco was active all of his life. He was a well-respected college professor, retiring from full-time teaching at Sacramento State University in 1995. He had a doctorate in Exercise Science and was considered by his academic peers as a pioneer in the sciences behind exercising. Jim was always a vocal advocate of the importance of health science.
Continue reading USBEF Board of Director Jim Bosco Passes Away
The USBEF is pleased to announce the formation of a Publications Committee whose mission, duties and functions are listed below.
- NewsletterObtain information about badminton throughout the country and internationally and Publish it in the USBEF Newsletter. Publish the Newsletter quarterly.
- WebsiteUpdate and maintain the contents of the USBEF website.
- Duties of Publication Committee members.
- Submit to the chairman, quarterly, one or two articles about badminton representing their part of the country.
- Suggest to the chairman additions to or deletions from the website.
- Subjects to be included in the newsletter
- Club news, e.g. goals, objective, membership, facilities, etc.
- Upcoming tournaments.
- Results of tournaments.
- Outstanding performance.
- Present Committee
- (Southwest) Jim Bosco, chair
- (Midwest) Mary Ann Bowles
- (Northwest) Joyce Jones
- (Southeast) Dave Zarco
- (Northeast) pending