Who is the United States Badminton Education Foundation?
The United States Badminton Education Foundation (USBEF) works in cooperation with USA Badminton (the governing body of United States Badminton) to promote the growth and support of Badminton throughout our country. The USBEF was incorporated in the State of Massachusetts in 1967 and its Board Members consist of Badminton Players who serve voluntarily to “put something back into Badminton”. All collected monies are used for the training, education and furthering of the sport. A substantial amount of its revenue is given to the USA Badminton which allocates funds according to the discretion of its National Board of Directors.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To establish and promote throughout the United States an educational program devoted to the development of Badminton as a means of healthful and physical fitness, to promote the recognition in schools, colleges, YMCA and other institutions with physical education programs of the carry-over benefits of Badminton, to give coaching and instructions to players throughout the U.S. Badminton in clinics and exhibitions which are in furtherance of educational objectives.
Board of Directors
- Dave Carton (San Diego, CA), President
- Mary Ann Bowles (St. Louis, MO), Secretary
- Beth Sopka (Boston, MA), Treasurer
- Lisa Ward-Knechtel (Durham, NC)
- Paisan Rangsikitpho (Long Beach, CA)
- Nominating: Dave Carton
- Special Projects: Andrea Weiss, LIsa Ward-Knechtel
- Fundraising: Paul Knechtel
- Publications: Alice Tym, Mary Ann Bowles
- Website: Phillip Ayoung-chee